Friday 10 October 2014

Thoughts About The Assignment And Moodboard

1)

What we have to do 

For the first assignment we have been asked to design and create three models from within the star wars universe.

Thoughts

Image result for starwarsWhen I first learned that it was a requirement that the models we had to make for the Assignment, needed to be from the star-wars universe I was thrilled. Being an avid Science fiction fan, the prospect of being able to design models from one of the greatest Science fiction franchises ever, was to me, fantastic. Straight away I had ideas for the models I wanted to create. I thought that spacecraft would be be a great place to start, as the star-wars universe is so rich and diverse in its different spacecraft, and vehicles.

2)

What we have to do 

For the second assignment we need to create a 30 second animation using the models we created in the first assignment.

Thoughts

When we were shown examples of last years animation assignments. I was quite bewildered . They were all of a high standard and I felt a bit  daunted when I  thought that I need to create something as good as this before Christmas. However I am looking forward to learning about animation. I struggled, last year creating camera animations within "Unity" so, I am a little apprehensive about the animation assignment.

Planning Models

We were tasked to create a mood board , to help us get ideas and decide what models we wanted to create.  Below is the first Mood board I created. Initially wanted to use the battle on "Hoth" from Star-Wars, as the basis of my animation and include the AT-AT(walkers) as one of my models. I was instructed however, not to create an AT-AT as a model as it would apparently prove too difficult in the rigging and animation processes. As an AT-AT is technically quadruped, and those are notoriously difficult to animate.

So I went back to the drawing board and decided on three space craft. I wanted to create an "X-wing" and a "Tie fighter" as my models and have my animation involve a chase between both spacecraft. I also decided that "Slave I" the character "Boba Fett's" ship would be a good choice as the "X-wing" and "Tie fighter" are both quite geometrical and angular. "slave I on the other hand is curved and I thought this would help me in learning how two model different shapes and surfaces in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment